Brute Force Attack
A brute force attack is a popular cracking method: by some accounts, brute force attacks accounted for five percent of confirmed security breaches. A brute force attack involves ‘guessing’ username and passwords to gain unauthorized access to a system. Brute force is a simple attack method and has a high success rate.
Some attackers use applications and scripts as brute force tools. These tools try out numerous password combinations to bypass authentication processes. In other cases, attackers try to access web applications by searching for the right session ID. Attacker motivation may include stealing information, infecting sites with malware, or disrupting service.
While some attackers still perform brute force attacks manually, today almost all brute force attacks today are performed by bots. Attackers have lists of commonly used credentials, or real user credentials, obtained via security breaches or the dark web. Bots systematically attack websites and try these lists of credentials, and notify the attacker when they gain access.
Types of Brute Force Attacks
- Simple brute force attack—uses a systematic approach to ‘guess’ that doesn’t rely on outside logic.
- Hybrid brute force attacks—starts from external logic to determine which password variation may be most likely to succeed, and then continues with the simple approach to try many possible variations.
- Dictionary attacks—guesses usernames or passwords using a dictionary of possible strings or phrases.
- Rainbow table attacks—a rainbow table is a precomputed table for reversing cryptographic hash functions. It can be used to guess a function up to a certain length consisting of a limited set of characters.
- Reverse brute force attack—uses a common password or collection of passwords against many possible usernames. Targets a network of users for which the attackers have previously obtained data.
- Credential stuffing—uses previously-known password-username pairs, trying them against multiple websites. Exploits the fact that many users have the same username and password across different systems.
Hydra and Other Popular Brute Force Attack Tools
Security analysts use the THC-Hydra tool to identify vulnerabilities in client systems. Hydra quickly runs through a large number of password combinations, either simple brute force or dictionary-based. It can attack more than 50 protocols and multiple operating systems. Hydra is an open platform; the security community and attackers constantly develop new modules.
Other top brute force tools are:
- Aircrack-ng—can be used on Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. It uses a dictionary of widely used passwords to breach wireless networks.
- John the Ripper—runs on 15 different platforms including Unix, Windows, and OpenVMS. Tries all possible combinations using a dictionary of possible passwords.
- L0phtCrack—a tool for cracking Windows passwords. It uses rainbow tables, dictionaries, and multiprocessor algorithms.
- Hashcat—works on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Can perform simple brute force, rule-based, and hybrid attacks.
- DaveGrohl—an open-source tool for cracking Mac OS. Can be distributed across multiple computers.
- Ncrack—a tool for cracking network authentication. It can be used on Windows, Linux, and BSD.
Weak Passwords that Enable Brute Force Attacks
Today, individuals possess many accounts and have many passwords. People tend to repeatedly use a few simple passwords, which leaves them exposed to brute force attacks. Also, repeated use of the same password can grant attackers access to many accounts.
Email accounts protected by weak passwords may be connected to additional accounts, and can also be used to restore passwords. This makes them particularly valuable to hackers. Also, if users don’t modify their default router password, their local network is vulnerable to attacks. Attackers can try a few simple default passwords and gain access to an entire network.
Some of the most commonly found passwords in brute force lists include: date of birth, children’s names, qwerty, 123456, abcdef123, a123456, abc123, password, asdf, hello, welcome, zxcvbn, Qazwsx, 654321, 123321, 000000, 111111, 987654321, 1q2w3e, 123qwe, qwertyuiop, gfhjkm.
Why Would you want to hire a hacker?
Why We Want to Hack Our Child Or Spouse Mobile Phones?
Sometimes it happens that in some conditions of your life or work, you require that you care about everything. For example, if you feel that someone from your colleagues is betraying you, or if you want to know the life secrets of your family members, the only way you might think about that is to hack mobile phone of your spouse, child or colleagues. Of course, this should be done secretly, so that nobody shouldn’t knows about it. But how can hack mobile phone of someone without knowing him about it?
One of the biggest concerns of parents about their children is that their daughter or boy, goes to spend time with whom, and who are his or her friends? Many parents are always complaining that they are unaware of their child’s communications. Hacking the children phones without knowing them, can be very helpful in monitoring the children upbringing.
But sometimes the situation is a bit different. Many married couples are always afraid of being betrayed by their husband or wife. They are looking for a way to make sure their spouse will not betray them, which will cause people to hack their spouse’s phone.
How Can Hack Mobile Phone
There are different ways to hack mobile phone . The easiest way to hack someone cell phone is to first access his phone and then install the hack software on his phone. This method is known for the easiest way that does not have much complexity and does not require programming knowledge. But if we want to hack mobile phone without having access to target phone, we must say that this is simply not feasible, and it requires learning programming languages, Linux, hacking methods, and security issues.
If someone wants to hack a cell phone without access to target phone, at least one year has to learn programming skills and security topics to be able to do so. Here, we are looking to avoid the usual hacking complications. So let’s drop the programming topics and go to the introduction of a program for hacking mobile phone of your spouse or children or your colleagues so that you can end your concerns and doubts.